As of May 25, 2018, every website that processes personal data is required by law to have a privacy statement. This is the privacy statement of besabine.com. In this statement you will find what data I process and for what purpose.
This is the BESABINE blog by Sabine Boogaard of Sopó, Colombia. BESABINE is responsible for processing personal data as described in this privacy statement. In this statement, I explain what that means and why I do it.
BESABINE is a personal travel blog.
Personal data processed by BESABINE.
BESABINE processes your personal data because you use the services and/or because you provide these data to BESABINE yourself, for example through a comment under a blog post. Below is an overview of the personal data processed:
- first name;
- email address;
- your website;
- IP address;
- device type;
- Other personal data that you actively provide, such as in a comment you post or in correspondence;
- data about your activities on the website.
You are not required to provide your real name, e-mail address and/or website. After all, this is not necessary for being able to respond to a blog post. However, I really enjoy knowing who my readers are. Be aware that the data you enter is public. And if you respond via your own WordPress account, your photo set up for that purpose is also visible to everyone.
Special and/or sensitive personal data
BESABINE does not intend to collect information about Web site visitors who are under 16 years of age unless they have parental or guardian consent. However, BESABINE cannot verify that a visitor is over 16 years of age. I therefore advise parents to be involved in their children’s online activities to avoid collecting data about children without parental consent. If you believe that personal information has nevertheless been collected from someone under the age of 16 without permission, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can remove the information.
Purpose, basis and retention period for processing personal data
BESABINE processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you post a comment under a blog on BESABINE, your name, email address, l website, your IP address and the content of the post will become visible to me. This data will be kept until you delete the comment or until I delete the post.
- When you send me an email I will see your email address, name and the content of the email. Once a year I delete all emails of a year or older.
- When you sign up for the newsletter, your name, email address and IP address will become visible to me. With the newsletter, I send a message as soon as there is a new article online. There is an unsubscribe button in every email, which allows you to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter at any time. For sending newsletters, I use Mailchimp.
- For the statistics program Google Analytics. I use Google Analytics to analyze your behavior on the website in order to improve the website and tailor the offer to your preferences. Tracking data through Google Analytics will be retained for 14 months.
BESABINE does not make decisions based on automated processing about things that could (significantly) affect you.
Sharing personal data with third parties
BESABINE does not sell or share your data to third parties and will provide it only if necessary or to comply with a legal obligation.
BESABINE also places cookies that track your browsing behavior, for example through Google Analytics. On your first visit to the website, you were informed about cookies and asked for your permission to place them. You can opt out of cookies by setting your Internet browser to stop storing cookies. In addition, you can also delete any information previously stored through your browser’s settings. Cookies are also set on besabine.com by third parties. These include advertisers, such as Booking.com or Bol.com, and/or social media companies.
BESABINE works with a number of affiliate partners, such as Bol.com and Booking. For more information about affiliate partners and why I work with them, I refer you to the disclaimer. This only uses a cookie, which is placed by the partner. So I have no control over this and I can only see which links are clicked on. The data sent cannot be traced back to you as an individual. I refer you to the respective companies for their privacy statements.
Social media buttons
On besabine.com, you’ll find social media buttons that make it easy for both you and me to share my blogs on social media. Most social media channels work with cookies. I have no control over that. Read the privacy statements of the social media channels to know how they handle collected information.
View, modify or delete data
By leaving your data on the website, you have given permission for it to be processed. You always have the right to see, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by BESABINE and you have the right to data portability. You may send a request for access, correction, deletion, transfer to third parties, a request to withdraw your consent or an objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
To make sure that the request for inspection was made by you, please send a copy of your ID with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. I will respond to your request within four weeks.
Filing a complaint
Want to file a complaint about how I protect your personal information? That is herepossible through the national regulator, the Personal Data Authority.
Security of your personal data
The protection of your data is very important to me and therefore I take appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your information is still not secure or there are indications of misuse, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I secure your personal information in the following ways:
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- My computer is password protected.
- TLS (formerly SSL). I send your data via a secure Internet connection. You can tell this by the address bar “https” and the padlock in the address bar.
- The management of besabine.com is done by me personally; no one else has access to the data.
- Passwords are securely stored in LastPass.
This statement may change at any time, as I may make changes in policy. I therefore recommend that you check the statement regularly.