Would you like to travel through Colombia along the highlights your way while having everything arranged for you? Not everyone likes to figure everything out on their own while traveling. Or maybe you still find it a bit exciting to travel through Colombia alone. The possibility of booking an organized trip through Colombia is then a good option. Just alone with your partner or family, but without having to make your own arrangements. Since I regularly get questions about travel agencies for Colombia and would love to help you find the right agency to arrange a great trip for you, in this article I’m going to tell you all about Miramundo. >> Travel through Colombia organized by someone who lives there.
Organized travel through Colombia
There are many ways to travel through Colombia. Think backpacking, group travel, with your family on your own or organized with your partner, for example. Although backpacking is popular, more and more tourists are booking an organized trip to Colombia. So not a group trip, but as a couple, with friends or family. The big advantage, of course, is that you still go on your own, can decide where you want to go, but you don’t have to make your own arrangements. And that is exactly what Miramundo does.
Miramundo: discover Colombia your own way
Visiting a coffee farm, admiring colorful colonial towns, taking beautiful hikes or spotting unique birds? Communicate what you would like to do in Colombia and Miramundo will put together a trip for you that is tailored accordingly. Travel agency Miramundo is small-scale, customized and focused on the highlights of Colombia. There are many options, take a look here at various itineraries they can map out for you.
Passion for Colombia
Miramundo was founded by Dutch Rhonda. When she first arrived in Colombia in 2017, she fell in love with the country and decided to stay. Rhonda lives in Medellín and is eager to introduce travelers to her country.
Why she went to live in Colombia she is happy to tell you herself:
- The people are incredibly kind. From the first moment I arrived in Colombia, I immediately felt that people wanted to connect with me, real contact. Here people look at me and are genuinely interested in how I’m doing. The relationship is very important, also no one will be left out. Human contact and well-being is more important than time or money.
- Developments. Colombia is developing tremendously. Every week I see new restaurants, coffee shops, roads and hotels. It is amazing to see how a country develops.
- The wonderful weather all year round. Depending on where in Colombia you are, on the Caribbean coast it can get quite warm and in Bogotá it is cooler. And Medellín has 22 – 28 degrees year round, perfect!
- Diversity. The nature, landscapes and culture are incredibly diverse. Thus, in the far south you will find the green Amazon, in the north the exotic Caribbean coast, major cities such as Medellín and Bogotá, beautiful mountain landscapes in the coffee region and you can even find a red desert to visit.
- The mountains. In the Netherlands we are not used to much in terms of landscapes, the country is flat and small. After many years, I am still impressed by the beautiful mountains of Colombia. I live in Medellín, the city is in a valley and surrounded by mountains. Everywhere in the city you have great views.
Fun facts about Colombia, by the way, Rhonda shares on Facebook.
How does Miramundo work?
Arranging a trip to Colombia with Miramundo can be done simply in your own language: Dutch, English and German are spoken. Because the tour company works from Colombia, they are present on location. You always have an English-speaking guide and everything is taken care of for you. How luxurious you want your trip to be is entirely up to you.
Miramundo works from Colombia, so they have the local expertise and know what is going on in the country.
You can create your own trip or choose from one of the itineraries Miramundo has already mapped out. The length of travel is also entirely up to you. Want to know more? Take a look at Miramundo’s website or send an email to info@MiraMundoTravel.com.
How would you most like to discover Colombia? Backpacking or organized?
This article was written in collaboration with a company. However, I only recommend something if I really support it myself and believe this is a good option for you if you are looking for an organized round trip through Colombia. Click here for more information.
Photos: Miramundo Travel